It’s finally peek strawberry season!
That means I’ve been able to buy my favorite berries in bulk to make all sorts of delicious treats, particularly strawberry rhubarb jam and strawberry ice cream. I’ve been saving the beautiful, tiny organic berries from my own garden for snacks. One day, I hope to have a bumper crop that allows me to make strawberry butter from them. But this is not the year for that!
I have a lot of chores to get through this weekend (like giving those berries a good soak) because I am off to Denver for most of next week, attending a client’s offsite.
I’ve only been to Denver once previously, for a whirlwind visit when I was supporting the company I worked for’s town halls. The rest of my time in Denver has been spent at the airport. I have a tendency to pick Denver as my layover location because they have so much gluten-free friendly food. So I’m really excited to finally get to explore the city a little bit.
Typically, it feels like a pain to be the event attendee with food allergies. But in this case, it’s actually been really fun because my food allergies have meant I’ve gotten a sneak preview of the menus for all our group events. It also turns out that one of my Twitter friends lives nearby, so I get to finally meet her and hang out in person. Huzzah!
I’ll have most of Wednesday free to roam about Denver, so if you know of any must-visit gluten-free restaurants or breweries, let me know! I am also always interested in thrifting for vintage housewares of the midcentury kind…
This Week’s Low FODMAP Recipes
My Facebook feed has been full of high school graduation photos, including all sorts of delicious-looking cookouts. So this week’s low FODMAP and gluten-free recipe roundup is all about grilling for a crowd:
- Hot weather means cold snacks are just the thing to share in family gatherings. These red, white, and blue(berry) skewers from Casa de Sante are a delicious treat to help folks cool down. I’d be tempted to freeze them!
- If you prefer your skewers on the savory side, check out this chicken skewers recipe from Monash.
- Burgers hot off the grill are a sure crowd-pleaser, and this burger recipe from A Little Bit Yummy links to a low FODMAP BBQ sauce that’s easy on your gut, too.
- As a creature of habit, I almost always whip up some of my low FODMAP potato salad whenever I’m grilling for a crow. It’s even converted some avowed potato salad haters!
- I love to have a side of slaw with my BBQ’d meats, and Kate Scarlata has an easy low FODMAP slaw recipe to follow.
- If you have an abundance of tomatoes in your garden already, this burrata and tomato salad from Karlijn’s Kitchen is the perfect BBQ accompaniment.
- It’s not a celebration without dessert. And Becky Excel’s white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake squares will keep them coming back for more—and won’t heat up your kitchen.
- Did someone say pulled pork sliders? Sign me up!
Stock up on Low FODMAP Food Without Leaving Your Sofa
Support the blog and give yourself a healthy + delicious treat by making a purchase from my Amazon store. You’ll find gluten-free and low FODMAP ingredients for the above recipes, and support Erika’s Gluten-free Kitchen at the same time!