And welcome back to #FODMAPfriday.
I last posted one of my weekly low FODMAP recipe round-ups on April 24 of last year. Although I’d had every intention of keeping it up, I have to admit things got pretty tough on the food front last Spring.
I went from being able to go to the farmer’s market each week and easily get what I needed from my grocery deliveries to having to find alternative sources for finding gluten-free and low FODMAP food online. My new normal became trying out produce deliveries, Butcher Box (affiliate link), and other online services to cobble together what I needed for our weekly meal planning.
And to be frank—everything got to be pretty darn exhausting! And it didn’t feel quite right to be putting together elaborate menu plans full of usually easily available foods when I was regularly struggling to find ground beef available at my local stores.
But as many of our foodways returned to a somewhat more predictable state, and people started asking me for low FODMAP diet resources and advice again, the time felt right to pick things back up.
And so, here I am! And with that, let’s dive into some delicious seasonal recipes.
This Week’s Low FODMAP Recipes
- It’s already flip-flops and summer dresses weather here, which means it’s a great time to try this recipe for gluten-free and low FODMAP raspberry ice cream sandwiches.
- It can be hard to find gluten-free graham crackers at the store. But thanks to What the Fork’s recipe, you can just make some instead! Note that honey is low FODMAP at 1 teaspoon serving size, so you will have to share some of these with the fam.
- My weekend to-do list includes cleaning up our Weber grill so we can kick off BBQ season. These low FODMAP sticky ribs from FODMAP Formula look like just the thing to make this weekend.
- Chicken and pasta is a winning weeknight dinner combo, and Fun Without FODMAP kicks it up a notch with her Low FODMAP Spaghetti with Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes recipe.
- Leave it to Fody Foods to keep things spicy with their Loaded Salsa Verde Chicken Nachos with Pickled Jalapeño Crema. It’s a perfect game-day nosh.
Restock Your Spring Pantry with Low FODMAP and Gluten-free Foods
It’s not spring without a little bit of Spring cleaning. I’ve tossed out all those packaged goods I shoved in the back of the cabinet and meant to get around to eating, and I’ve ordered more clear containers from the Container Store (I really should buy stock in them. ha!) so I can easily see what we have and what we need more of in our snack cabinet.If your pantry needs a refresh too, visit my Amazon store to find the ingredients you need and support Erika’s Gluten-free Kitchen at the same time!