For a short week, it sure was pretty busy!
I visited the Monet exhibit at the DeYoung on
I’m spending most of the day today interviewing tradespeople for the various small tasks we want to have completed before we move into our house next month. But once that’s all done, we’re going to be heading to Grange to celebrate our 15th anniversary (which was yesterday), with a delicious dinner featuring the best of the season’s local producers.
Here’s a photo from the first time we had dinner at Grange, almost a year ago:
It’s still giving me a big grin to envision what it is going to be like to finally get to test recipes, bake, m and shoot photos for this blog in my beautiful new kitchen. And, the icing on the cake is I’ll finally have a dining room table! Which means I can have friends and family over for more than just cookies and cocktails.
And don’t even get me started on all the gardening I’m dreaming about…I’m going to be spending a lot of time over on the Gardener’s website, figuring out what I want to grow and where. It’s been a very long time since I’ve had my own garden, but I can still remember the taste of a perfectly ripened strawberry, eaten just moments after I plucked it from the plant. So looking forward to having that experience again and soon!
And with that, I’m going back to my daydreaming and Houzz wishlist bookmarking. Enjoy this week’s low FODMAP recipes!
Low FODMAP Recipes
- I love filet mignon for a date night dinner, and FODMAP Everyday gives us the scoop on how to make it
- While other locales like their pancakes thin and crispy, in the U.S. we like ours thick and fluffy. Brit Becky Excell tries her hand at low FODMAP American-style pancakes in this five-ingredient, dairy-free recipe.
- Cabbage slaw, in small servings, is a great low FODMAP way to add some crispy veggies to your plate.
- A Moroccan carrot salad like this one from Easy Read Recipes is a perfect complement to a hearty serving of lamb for dinner.
- Looking for a new low FODMAP casserole idea? Check out this moussaka recipe from Karlijn’s Kitchen.
Stock Your Low FODMAP Pantry
I’m going to be doing a serious pantry cleanup as part of our