As I find restaurants with a good selection of gluten-free menu items, and try more local gluten-free foods, I’ll be adding to the links on this page.Where to find great gluten-free food in San Francisco restaurants:
Where to find great gluten-free food in San Francisco restaurants:
- Artesano‘s Cubano and pulled chicken sandwiches on gluten-free rolls seriously make my day. Delivery via Try Caviar.
- Bella Trattoria is my favorite neighborhood Italian place, and their gluten-free pasta means I can still make it a regular dinner stop. Highly recommend the carbonara.
- Goat Hill Pizza was one of my favorite SF pizzerias in my gluten-eating days, and they make a solid gluten-free crust. Delivery via Try Caviar.
- Pica Pica Arepa was my first encounter with yuca fries (and Venezuelan food in general), and I’m now a convert. So good. Delivery via Try Caviar.
- Proposition Chicken is where to go on those days when you’re craving gluten-free crispy fried chicken (they make an awesome fried chicken sandwich.) Delivery via Try Caviar.
- Tony’s Pizza Napoletana. Their classic American and Italian pizzas can be made with a gluten-free crust. This has become my go-to pizza joint, delivered via Try Caviar.
- Willi’s Wine Bar is my go-to destination after a long day in Sonoma County. Their gluten-free menu is extensive and makes you feel well taken care of. You should try the filet mignon sliders, and share a cheese plate with excellent gluten-free crackers.
You’ll note I’ve provided Try Caviar delivery links for many of the above restaurants. That’s because I’m a raving fan of Try Caviar’s delivery service, and love that I can have healthy, gluten-free dinners delivered at the click of a mouse. And when you love a local service, my POV is it’s in your best interest to shout it from the rooftops and keep them busy and in business. If you want to try them out for yourself, use this link to get a $10 credit on your first two orders.
My favorite San Francisco gluten-free food producers:
- Bread Srsly makes THE BEST gluten-free sourdough. Available at grocery stores throughout SF, and delivered by Good Eggs.
- Mariposa Bakery has all sorts of awesome gluten-free baked treats, some of which are available for order online for folks who can’t make it out to their lovely SF Ferry Building shop.
If you know of a San Francisco restaurant whose gluten-free menu I should check out, leave a comment or let me know on twitter—@ErikaGlutenFree.