Here in the U.S., Monday is Memorial Day, a Federal holiday in honor of those who gave their life in their duties as part of the U.S. Armed Forces. For many of us, it means a nice long weekend spent outside, grilling or exploring, or working on getting the yard ready for Summer.
When we first started on our low FODMAP journey, to get to the bottom of our gut health issues, Summer was the hardest time of year for me, food-wise. You see, some of my all-time favorite foods were all on the elimination list— avocados, asparagus, artichokes, nectarines, peaches, fava beans—and they all come into season in a rush right about now.
But the good news is I was eventually able to reintroduce all of those foods, one-by-one, as part of the challenge phase of the low FODMAP diet. And right now, I have ALL of those goodies in my house and planned as part of the weekend’s grilling. Huzzah!
I’m really excited about the bourbon peach and brown sugar BBQ sauce I made especially for using on some pork this weekend. Before I had to read labels to avoid garlic, soy, and onions, I never would have dreamed of making something like that from scratch. But now that I’ve seen how easy it is—and how delicious the results are—I can’t wait to work on some low FODMAP BBQ sauce recipes to share with you here on the blog.
Low FODMAP Recipes for a Long Weekend of Grilling
- If you are looking to give your grill an Asian twist this weekend, why not whip up a batch of Sweet and Sour Pineapple BBQ Sauce? I think it would pair nicely with beef ribs or chicken.
- For a more traditional red BBQ sauce, check out this tomato-based BBQ Sauce 2.0 from FODMAP Everyday.
- My fully-loaded Low FODMAP potato salad is the perfect side dish for even your spiciest BBQ dish. It’s even a hit with folks who aren’t big potato salad fans.
- Leave it to Karjin’s Kitchen to have the perfect summer salad with burrata, pesto, and roasted tomatoes.
- Grilled salmon is the perfect dish when you’re looking to keep dinner healthy. Check out this recipe from Kate Scarlata for low FODMAP Grilled Salmon with Asian Mint Dressing.
- Who says low FODMAP chicken is boring? This Low-FODMAP Greek Chicken Gyros / Chicken Souvlaki recipe will prove them wrong.
Leave a Reply