It’s been an incredibly busy past week. Not only was yesterday Thanksgiving, which meant a fantastic dinner with the family in Sonoma County, but last weekend was also the Gluten-Free and Allergen Friendly Food Expo in San Mateo.
As a guest of the Expo’s organizers, I was invited to a fun breakfast with other local gluten-free and allergy-specific food bloggers, sponsored by BFree Foods. It was fun to be in a tent full of food-lovers sharing our allergy stories, and comparing notes a bout the exhibitors we were most excited to try.
It was a great day full of trying new foods, with a few stand-outs I’ve got to share with you:
- Sonoma Creamery brought their cheese crisp bars which are the perfect way to give in to your salty+crispy snack craving without resorting to a carb fest. I bought a stack of their cheddar cheese bars for a protein-packed afternoon snack.
- The folks at Swerve brought their new brown sugar alternative and some great new baking mixes—gluten-free vanilla and chocolate cakes, chocolate chip cookies, and pancakes. Although I’m interested in trying out the new mixes, I can not wait to get my hands on some of the Brown Swerve for this year’s
gluten freeand low FODMAP holiday cookie baking.
- I loved craft beers before I knew I shouldn’t be drinking them because of their wheat content. I was incredibly impressed with the gluten-free beers from Glutenberg. My favorites were the Belgian-style white beer, the American Pale Ale, and the Stout.
As you go about your Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping, I encourage you to keep an eye out for all three of these brands. It will be worth your while!
Winter Low FODMAP Recipe Round-up
It finally feels like Winter throughout the U.S. (OK, except for my friends in Florida and SoCal, where it’s pretty much Summer year-round.) Here are some great low FODMAP recipes to warm you up and celebrate the flavors of the season:
- Manu’s Menu shared a delicious pumpkin pancake recipe to make your holiday brunch a little more festive.
- If you struggle to make sure you eat enough veggies, add this stuffed red bell pepper from FODMAP Friendly to your low FODMAP dinner rotation.
- Not sure what to do with your Thanksgiving leftovers? Here’s a great plan for a low FODMAP salad that makes the most of them.
- This cottage pie recipe is another great way to put those Thanksgiving leftovers to work.
- Cheesy mashed potatoes get a vegan makeover in this recipe from Watch, Learn, Eat.
- Green bean casserole gets a modern low FODMAP makeover from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy.
Kick off Your Low FODMAP Holiday Shopping
If you’re starting your holiday shopping today, you’ll want to take advantage of special Black Friday and Cyber Monday pricing on a number of the items in my Amazon store. If you’ve been waiting for the perfect moment to buy yourself an InstantPot, that time is now!