It can get to be expensive—and disappointing—ordering new gluten-free foods you’ve never had before. But when it comes to finding great gluten-free and other allergen-free foods, that’s what many of us pretty regularly do. I know that’s meant I’ve thrown out food that I had high hopes for but that missed the mark.
But last year, I attended the Gluten Free and Allergen Friendly Expo in San Mateo for the first
I loved how the vendors all clearly noted which allergens they did or did not have present in their food. Too often, I get excited when I see something with gluten-free on the package, but find out after reading the ingredients that it contains soy or cashews which I’m also allergic too. The signage gives me the freedom to walk the aisle and try whatever catches my eye without having to spend quality time with the ingredients list.
All this is why when I was given the opportunity to attend this year as a blogger and have the chance to give away free tickets to the event, I jumped at the chance.
What to Expect at the 2018 Gluten Free and Allergen Friendly Expo in San Mateo
If you’ve never attended the show before, here’s what you can look forward to over the course of the weekend:
- More than 100 exhibiting brands. A few of my favorites include:
- Bob’s Red Mill
- Bread Srsly
- Enjoy Life
- Petit Pot
- Sonoma Creamery
- As many free food samples from exhibitors as you have room to taste
- Coupons to save on your next purchase from gluten-free & allergen-friendly brands
- Discounted products available for purchase and take home
- Informative classes on gluten-free and allergen topics
- Free reusable bag to carry home all your goodies
The 2018 Gluten Free and Allergen Friendly Expo will be held in San Mateo on Saturday, November 17, and Sunday, November 18;
San Mateo County Event Center- Fiesta Hall
1346 Saratoga Drive
San Mateo, CA 94403
10 a.m. – 3 p.m. daily
Tickets are $15 per
How to Win Free Tickets to the 2018 Gluten Free and Allergen Friendly Expo in San Mateo
For a chance to win a free ticket to the event:
- Follow me on Twitter @ErikaGlutenFree and RT one of my posts about the event.
- Like my Facebook page Erika’s Gluten Free Kitchen and leave a comment on one of the posts
- Leave a comment here and let me know the one gluten-free baked treat you wish you knew how to make but haven’t yet perfected.
I hope to see you there!