Although it looks like our hopes for an Orange October are dashed (I mean, it IS an odd year, so what were we expecting?) I wanted to share one of my favorite all-time cocktails, which we named the Giants Cocktail both because of its color and the fact that we made it for the first time during one of the SF Giants’ World Series showdowns.
If you remember drinking an Orange Julius as a kid, then this is the cocktail for you. The Giants Cocktail is basically what happens when an Orange Julius grows up. Or what an orange creamsicle tastes like when it falls into a vat of Vodka. You get the picture!
If you’re not able to eat ice cream, a coconut-milk based frozen dessert like the plain So Delicious frozen dessert would be a great substitution.
Make sure to chill your vodka in the freezer and only make these cocktails right before drinking them. You want them to be as cold as possible.
If orange juice isn’t your jam, substitute your favorite organic juice or juice blend in its place.
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vanilla ice cream
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup (I typically use Torani)
- 1 1/2 ounces Grand Marnier (Substitute Cointreau if you don't have Grand Marnier)
- 8 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until mixture is well combined and frothy.
- Serve in a chilled glass.