Today’s my big day—I’m boxing up and sending out my holiday cookies to friends and clients.
It will be nice to reclaim some space in the apartment because right now it definitely looks like Santa’s workshop in here with cookie bags and shipping materials strewn all over the place.
Last year, I was able to carry all my packages to the post office in one trip, although it was a slow walk there. This year, I’m going to have to call a Lyft to pick me up because I have about twice as many client gift boxes to send this year. Yeah!
One of the biggest changes I made in my holiday cookie baking this year was doubling how many peppermint surprise cookies I baked. Each year, they tend to be the most popular cookie, and I never have enough of them to give out more than one per person. This is the first time I’ve had enough left over to actually save one for myself!
In addition to the gluten-free peppermint surprise cookies, I’ve also baked my gluten-free chocolate shortbread and gluten-free iced honey cookies. For the rest of the year’s gatherings, I’m going to try out some new recipes, so stay tuned! I’m definitely planning to work on some spritz and some biscotti. Unfortunately, we can’t just live off of our holiday baking. So, with that, let’s dive into this week’s low FODMAP recipes.
Low FODMAP Recipes
- During the Winter, there’s nothing like a bowl of soup for lunch. Check out this recipe for Low FODMAP mushroom soup from Karlijn’s Kitchen.
- Becky Excell also has a fabulous low FODMAP soup to share this week—Gluten-free Minestrone.
- This fancy-looking Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Galette from Kate Scarlata is a lot easier than it looks thanks to using a pre-made gluten-free crust.
- Craving some low FODMAP comfort food? Try this mushroom polenta bake from Fody Foods.
- Looking for a new low FODMAP appetizer for your next holiday gathering? Try this baked feta with sundried tomatoes and olives dish from FODMAP
Wrap-up Your Low FODMAP Gift-Giving
Looking for some ideas for what to give the low FODMAP foodie on your holiday gift list? Check out my Amazon store. I’ll be adding new gift ideas every week in December, so be sure to check back!