It’s been two months since I’ve posted here, which is a huge, unintended gap.
Somehow the holidays ended up being busier than usual. And we spent a week in Scotland to be part of the wedding of two of our favorite people on this planet. But the big time commitment since I last wrote here truly ended up being house-hunting. That’s right—after years of city apartment living, we’ve decided to make the leap to become smaller city homeowners!
Of course, buying a house isn’t as simple as going shopping, picking out something you want, and bringing it home with you.
Over these past few months, we’ve toured many houses that just weren’t the right fit. And we’ve put in a bid on a house that we really liked, only to have someone significantly over-bid.
But as I type this blog post, we are in escrow on a house, just waiting for the final negotiating over issues that arose in the home inspections and for our mortgage to close. So, please keep your fingers crossed for us! I don’t want to jinx it, but we’ve already starting thinking of this place as our new home.
Stay tuned for more on this once everything is final!
Great Low FODMAP Recipes for Winter
While California hasn’t seen the subzero temperatures the rest of the country has been experiencing, we did get cold enough for there to be snow on Bay Area mountain peaks—something that happens once every decade or so. Here are some great low FODMAP recipe ideas for those sorts of cold winter’s days.
- A hot breakfast is the best way to get yourself going on a cold morning. Check out these low FODMAP Overnight Oats from Becky Excel to spice up your morning routine.
- Baking this low FODMAP chocolate and orange polenta cake will turn your kitchen into a cozy space in addition to giving you the perfect afternoon snack.
- During our vacation to Scotland last month, we indulged in quite a bit of
whiskytasting. I can’t wait to try this Irish Whisky Chocolate Mousse recipe from FODMAP Everyday!
- Make your next sheet pan chicken dinner a little bit more tasty by prepping your chicken using this yogurt marinated chicken recipe.
- My InstantPot has been in almost constant use for the past two months. This chicken stew is going to be one of the next recipes I try in there.
Brighten Up Your Low FODMAP Kitchen
If you’re going to be stuck inside, hiding out from the cold, you deserve to give yourself a low FODMAP treat! Check out my Amazon store for my favorite low FODMAP foods, cookbooks, and kitchen tools