Today’s #FODMAP Friday runs-up is coming to you (much) later than usual because I’ve spent the first half of my day traveling home from the happiest place on earth—Disneyland! I was lucky enough to spend the week celebrating my birthday with my bestie Brandie, who took all the best usies to document our Disney adventures.
We kicked off the birthday celebrations with something I had no idea even existed—Dole Whip floats with rum at the Disneyland Hotel. These beauties are only available at the Disneyland Hotel’s coffee shop. And unlike the dole whip in the park, there is almost never a line!
Brandie and I are both big Disney geeks who’ve spent many a vacation in the park. What made the visit different this year—in addition to the stellar addition of each others’ company—was Pixar Fest. California Adventure’s pier received a Pixar extreme makeover. And throughout the park there were a number of Pixar themed treats and special limited time only merchandise.
It was a bit of a bummer that most of the special treats were off limits to those of us who can’t eat gluten. I know there were macarons as part of the special event menu, but I never actually saw any during our visit. The one special Pixar Fit treat I was able to enjoy, however, was a beautiful cotton candy-topped pink lemonade and grape icee. Yes, it was as good as it looked, and it turned my tongue a Maleficent shade of purple.
After a week of birthday indulgences and eating out every day, it will be nice to get back in the kitchen. Here are a few of the low FODMAP recipes from the past week that are inspiring my meal plan this week.
Low FODMAP Recipes
- If you have a big raspberry and cheesecake fan in the house like I do, you’ll want to bookmark this recipe for Gluten Free White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe (No-Bake) from Becky Excell.
- This Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki with rice and vegetables recipe from the Roasted Root makes a great weeknight dinner option.
- I love to make pancakes for a leisurely weekend breakfast and can’t wait to try these Banana Buckwheat Pancakes from Delicious as it Looks
- If comfort food is on the dinner menu you’ll want to try this Fricase de Pollo (Chicken Fricassee) from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy.
- Looking for a new low FODMAP side dish? Try this Parmesan Roasted Broccoli recipe from Kate Scarlata.
The Best Low FODMAP Presents Can Be Found Here
Since it’s still my birthday week, I have to point out that the best place to find a great low FODMAP birthday gift is my Amazon store. And of course, I would love a prezzie from my birthday wish list if you’ve been loving the content on this blog. 😉