Usually, July is a pretty quiet time of the year for me. Clients go on vacation. I go to the farmers market a bunch. And I make up batches of strawberry rhubarb jam, ice cream, and other seasonal treats.
But not this year!
I just barely got my July Farmers Market Produce Guide published before the end of the month. And I’m still working on my lemon cookies. But it’s really close to being ready to share.
It’s great to have plans and goals, but it’s equally important to take a deep breath and be OK with not always meeting them. And that, for me, was my July in a nutshell!
August is shaping up to be a lot of fun with some planned downtime built-in. But more on THAT next week…for now, let’s dive into some tempting low FODMAP recipes to close out this final July weekend with a bang.
End of July Low FODMAP Recipes
- If you loved Ho-Ho’s as a kid like I did, you’ve got to try this recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Mini Rolls Recipe (dairy free, low FODMAP) from Becky Excell. And don’t forget to put a few in the freezer!
- “I have more than enough awesome recipes to use up all the zucchini my garden is producing”—said no one, ever. Which is why you need to make Vegetarian Mamma’s Pan Fried Breaded Zucchini
- If you love a protein-packed salad for lunch, try this rainbow quinoa salad from Fun Without FODMAPS
- I’ve had to cut out tuna for a while thanks to my mercury levels, but I can’t wait to eventually be able to make this quinoa and tuna salad from FODMAP Formula
- My favorite dish from the Marin County Fair this year was the paella. With that fresh in my mind, I am excited to try this Low FODMAP Spanish-Style Shrimp Paella recipe from Very Well Fit.
- I’m pretty sure this recipe for Maple Peanut Butter Popcorn from Manu’s Menu is about to become my new favorite afternoon snack.
Low FODMAP Summer Treats
We’re in the Summertime home stretch! Kids or going to camp, we’re hitting peak temperatures everywhere but in SF, and we’re all getting a little bored with our Summer dinner go-to’s. That means it’s time to check out new low FODMAP picks in my Erika’s Gluten-free Kitchen Amazon shop. Pick up a little treat for yourself while you help to support this blog.