Happy Friday the 13th!
As I’m writing this, I’m bundled up in a sweatshirt because the old cliché about San Francisco is true—”the coldest winter I ever spent was a Summer in San Francisco”. In case you think I’m joking, look what our local paper shared on Facebook this week:
Mind you, I’m not complaining about wanting triple digit weather here. After all, other than the movie theaters, there aren’t a ton of places with air conditioning here. And my top floor apartment heats up very quickly. But it does make it a little challenging to get into the seasonal spirit of things when it comes to food.
So right now, I’m in a bit of a food limbo. On hot nights, it’s salad for dinner. but most mornings, I’m still craving something hot for breakfast. Luckily, I don’t care what the weather is like when it comes to making seasonal strawberry rhubarb ice cream.
I’m going to go put on something warmer while you dive into this week’s low FODMAP recipes, which offer a little something for everyone.
This Week’s Low FODMAP Recipes
- This low FODMAP Paleo Whole30 Pesto Chicken Salad from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy is a great dinner option for a too-hot-to-cook weeknight.
- Although I’m not a fan of capers, I can’t wait to try these salmon cakes from Manu’s Menu. They’d be perfect with a big bowl of seasonal veggies and mixed greens.
- If you prefer your salmon with an Asian twist, try this soy and ginger-glazed salmon recipe from IBS.net.
- Polenta gives low FODMAP pizza a new twist with this polenta pizza recipe from One Green Planet.
- If that isn’t a creative enough pizza crust for you, how about putting all the zucchini to good use in this Zucchini Crust Tomato Spinach Feta Pie from A Saucy Kitchen? As long as you stick to one serving, it’s under your 1/2 cup low FODMAP serving size.
Fill Your Low FODMAP Shopping Bag
Today’s a great day to zip on over to Amazon and start thinking about what Low FODMAP goodies you want to be on the lookout for on Prime Day. Check out my favorite low FODMAP picks in my Erika’s Gluten-free Kitchen Amazon shop and come back on Monday after 3 p.m. Eastern to see what sort of Prime Day deals can be had. They already have a few deals, but there are always a whole lot more once the promotion kicks off. If you’ve been eyeing an ice cream maker or a blender upgrade, or need a new InstantPot, this is often when you can find the best Amazon deal of the year for them.