Memorial Day weekend is considered to be the unofficial start of Summer for many folks. For those of us who live somewhere (SF) with 60-degree Summer weather, it takes a bit of a road trip to get that Summertime feel.
This year, that meant heading to Napa for the second day of the BottleRock Napa music festival. This was my second big festival since going gluten-free, the first having been Outside Lands in 2016.
Unfortunately, there weren’t a ton of food options for those of us who can’t eat gluten. But as you’d expect from an event in Napa Valley, there was a ton of great wine. Food-wise, we ended up having some really good tacos, including one that was full of roasted brussels sprouts and root veggies. We ate those alongside french fries, and then topped off our meal with a visit to the Humphry Slocombe ice cream truck. Because there was no way I was going to miss out on getting an ice cream float!
I’m not one to stand in lines, but I was more than happy to do so at @bottlerocknapa #bottlerocknapa to get my hands on a #bourbon and coke float. #LickThat #foodblogger #foodblog #foodbloggers #foodporn #instafood #forkyeah #foodphotography #goodeats #food52 #feedfeedglutenfree #foodgawker #foodideas #Dessert #Desserts #DessertPorn #DessertOfTheDay #Sweets #IceCrea #HumphrySlocombe
So, although we didn’t have a ton of gluten-free options at the event, the ones we did have were solid.
Now that everyone has Summer on the brain and berries in their kitchen, there are a ton of fun new low FODMAP recipes to share in this week’s recap. Enjoy!
Low FODMAP Recipes
- Find yourself with a bounty of lemons and not sure how to best put them to use? Try this Low FODMAP lemon cake from Manu’s Menu.
- Need an easy midweek dinner recipe? Make a batch of Becky Excell’s Chunky Gluten Free Chilli Con Carne (dairy free, low FODMAP) in your Instant Pot.
- I also can’t wait to try Becky’s Sweet + Sticky Gluten Free Char Siu Pork Recipe (low FODMAP, dairy free).
- Smoothie bowls are the perfect Summer breakfast solution. Find one that suits you in this round-up of gluten-free smoothie bowl recipes.
- Change up your low FODMAP dessert repertoire with this low FODMAP dark chocolate gelato recipe from FODMAP Formula.
- If you’re crazy about rhubarb like I am, you’ll definitely want to try this slow cooker pork with rhubarb BBQ sauce.
Update Your Low FODMAP Kitchen
Get ready for these Summery recipes and restock your low FODMAP pantry with the below recommendations from Amazon or check out what I’ve added to my favorites in my Erika’s Gluten-free Kitchen Amazon shop.