This week, I’ve been out and about to scout some new places for my San Francisco gluten-free restaurant reviews.
That’s right, the above gorgeous flourless chocolate cake with strawberry ice cream and a strawberry rhubarb foam dessert at Boulevard was all in the name of science and blog research. Tasty, tasty, research…
It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it. BRB booking more research appointments…
All kidding aside, it’s been a gorgeous warm and sunny week here finally, so I went out of my way to get out and enjoy it while it lasts. I was getting a little stir crazy from all the rain. When you are self-employed, it can be a bit of a bummer to be stuck inside all day watching the raindrops fall. When the weather is nice, being self-employed is the best thing ever. You make plans for lunch with friends and clients, take long walks to run your errands, and find the sunniest spot you can to work from for a few hours.
Ah, the freelance life!
The only bummer about the beautiful weather is I haven’t baked my lemon cookies yet. I made the dough and couldn’t bear to turn on the oven when the apartment was already in the 70s. Side note: Old San Francisco apartments don’t have air conditioning because it used to very rarely get hot enough here to warrant it. I know this warm spell is about to be over though, so I’ll be back to baking in no time. And now, on to this week’s low FODMAP recipes!
Low FODMAP Recipes Round-up
- Looking for your next comfort food oven-baked side dish? Look no further than this Paleo Whole30 Scalloped Potatoes recipe from Jay’s Baling Me Crazy.
- Need a break from brownies? Why not try this chocolate peppermint slice traybake recipe from The Fat Foodie?
- If chocolate+orange is a favorite flavor combo, you’ll want to bake this chocolate orange birthday cake even if it’s not your birthday.
- It’s almost BBQ season, so start practicing your low FODMAP BBQ sauce techniques now.
- I haven’t done much experimenting with yeasted gluten-free baking, but this low FODMAP chocolate hot cross buns recipe looks tempting.
- Get all the taste of Chinese take-out with none of the FODMAPs with this low FODMAP sweet and sour chicken recipe from FODMAP Formula.
- If you want an “eggceptional” dessert for your Easter dinner table, try this ‘Eggstravagant’ Gluten Free Mini Egg Cheesecake recipe from Becky Excel [sorry, I couldn’t resist matching her pun-for-pun!].
Find New Low FODMAP Foods
Need a Spring refresh for your low-FODMAP cookbooks and pantry staples? Give yourself a treat and support Erika’s Gluten-free Kitchen at the same time!