Another cold, wet Spring week draws to a close. This week was a little different, however, because we had a little bit of Sonoma County staycationing thrown in!
We dodged the rain showers and made our way to three of our favorite Sonoma County wineries—Cline Cellars, Arrowood Vineyards, and St. Francis Winery. The surprise star of our tastings this week was Malbec. Both St. Francis and Arrowood had them this season and they were our favorite wines at both wineries. At Cline, we made a point to only try wines we haven’t had recently since we regularly buy their zinfandels. We came home with a fun assorted case of whites and reds, including their great Farmhouse Red blend that will be perfect for pairing with dinner over the next few months. If only we had more room to store wine…
After our rainy afternoon of wine tasting, we checked into the Sonoma Mission Inn. We’d made reservations for dinner at their award-winning restaurant Santé for later that evening, and had time to check out the bar before dinner. It was refreshing to have gluten-free crackers and bread available to make the snacks and appetizers on the menu OK for me to eat. But the real star of the night was the dessert: a chocolate soufflé with a hot Valhrona chocolate sauce poured over it at the table. So. Good. We’d had a lemon soufflé the last time we’d visited the restaurant, and had been hoping there would be a soufflé on the menu this time as well.
After an evening of excellent food and more wine, we retired to our room. Choosing a room with a fireplace was a smart move—it made our stay that much more cozy. It can be so much fun to have a mini-vacation like this in your own backyard. And when you have Sonoma County an hour’s drive away, there’s really no excuse not to.
This Week’s Low FODMAP Recipes
- Salmon makes a nice change from the usual chicken-topped salad with this Salmon Filet Salad recipe from The Fat Foodie. Love that it uses my favorite low FODMAP rach dressing from Livefree.
- Looking for a side for your next taco night? try this Low FODMAP Cilantro Lime Rice from Fun Without FODMAPs.
- If there’s a break in the wet weather, you’ll wnat to bust out the grill to make these Low FODMAP Garlic Shrimp skewers from The FODMAP Formula.
- Tuna casserole is the ultimate comfort food. This creamy low FODMAP tuna casserole recipe from Taters to Truffles kicks things up a notch with the healthy addition of kale.
- This ‘Eggstra Mile’ Gluten Free Mini Egg Rocky Road recipe from Becky Excell is just the thing to bring to an Easter brunch.
- Looking for a new low FODMAP side dish to add to your dinner rotation? Monash just shared a recipe for roasted polenta bites with cheese and herbs.
Replenish Your Low FODMAP Pantry
Restock your pantry with everything you need to make these recipes + more via my Erika’s Gluten-free Kitchen Amazon shop. You get the same everyday low prices you expect from Amazon while helping me bring more great recipes to the blog. I appreciate your support!