Note that this post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on them and make a purchase, I receive a small commission. This has no effect on the price you pay, but it helps defray the cost of maintaining this blog. Thanks for purchasing through the links I share!
It’s a very happy Friday for me and my family. The terrible wildfires that have been raging across Napa and Sonoma counties are finally getting under control. We feel incredibly blessed that our family members who were evacuated still have homes to go to, when so many others do not. Thank you to everyone who shared last week’s post with its details on how to help support fire victims with special dietary needs.
With things other than our air quality getting back to normal here this week, I took on a new challenge: Paleo baking. You see, Lewis was tasked with a month of Paleo eating as part of his latest IBS treatment plan.
I was a little worried about finding success in creating cookies that would satisfy his sweet tooth. So, to get an idea for what the Paleo baked goods look like before hitting the oven, I bought a Simple Mills chocolate muffin paleo baking mix (Amazon affiliate link). After the muffins turned out so well, I was ready to work on creating a Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe, using Enjoy Life mega chunks (Amazon affiliate link). They turned out so well I even made a double-chocolate variation! Look for the recipe on the blog next week.
Low-FODMAP Recipes to Try
Here are a few low-FODMAP recipes that caught my eye this week:
- Miss your morning bowl of cereal? Try this Low FODMAP Muesli recipe from Monash, and eat with lactose-free milk.
- Although we’re just heading out of BBQ season, these BBQ Ribs (SIBO & Low FODMAP Friendly) are worth grilling.
- Did you freeze some amazing Summer tomatoes? If so, this low FODMAP Creamy Roasted Tomato Red Pepper Soup is a great way to put them to use.
- These Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies from Healthy Hacks make a simple but delicious dessert treat.
- Feed your low FODMAP Southern Fried Chicken cravings with this simple recipe
Did you see a great low-FODMAP recipe this week that I missed? Let me know in the comments.