I’ve been daydreaming about baking some spooky Halloween cookies. I love all the fun Halloween cookie cutters and decorative toppings. It’s been a few years since I’ve made up a batch of Halloween cookies, but I have a feeling that’s going to make it onto this weekend’s activities list. Here’s a photo from the last time I went all-out with decorating Halloween cookies.
I think I’ll need to head over to Sur La Table to pick up some spooktacular decorative accents this afternoon.
While the Halloween decorations that have popped up everywhere is part of the reason for this urge. It’s also probably because I’ve been doing a really good job of being mindful about making healthy eating choices this week and haven’t really indulged in any sweets.
I’ve started using Noom, which is an app that helps you track what you’re eating to ensure you’re making healthy choices and not eating more than you need. I’ve gained some weight over the past two years as I’ve struggled with my thryroid, and wanted to motivate myself to take an active look at my exercise and eating.
In years past, I’ve done Weight Watchers. It worked well for me when I had a meeting in my office building, and had colleagues also working through it with me. But now that I’m self-employed, and can’t eat a lot of the low-calolrie high-fiber food that helped me be successful with them, I needed a different approach.
Thanks to having done a habit assessment, I understand what kind of foods—in what proportions—I need to feel energized and keep going throughout the day. But the Noom app holds me accountable with daily weigh-ins, prompts to log my meals, and motivational tips and quizzes.
And now, on to this week’s low FODMAP recipes!
Low FODMAP Recipes
- Craving a curry? This sweet potato curry from GF Jules hits the spot. But stick to one serving and skip the cauliflower rice to keep this low FODMAP.
- If you can’t get enough curry, you’re in luck! This week Becky Excell shares a new spiced coconut chicken curry recipe.
- If you love breakfast for dinner why not try breakfast for dessert with this pumpkin baked oatmeal from Living Smart Girl?
- I’ve been in the mood for soups and am looking forward to making a pot of this ginger, coconut and butternut squash laksa with chicken from Love Your Gut.
- Turkey larb makes a healthy low FODMAP lettuce wrap filling in this recipe from Fun Without FODMAPs.
Find Your New Low FODMAP Favorites
You deserve a treat. Check out my Amazon store to find your new favorite low FODMAP foods, cookbooks, kitchen tools and more.