Every Summer, we make our way to at least one county fair. Some years, we even make it to two. You see, the Bay Area’s eight other counties are all pretty close to San Francisco. This means you can easily make your way to any one of them to partake in county fair fun.
I’ve always wanted to enter my baked goods in a fair competition, but San Francisco doesn’t hold a county fair. I could always enter the Marin County Fair’s competition, but there is one small problem. Neither of us are morning people. And it seems every fair competition requires you to schlep your goods to the fairgrounds pretty early in the day, before the fair, to compete. While this would be easy enough to do if I could take a 20-minute cab ride there, there’s just something daunting about taking a 30-minute cab ride there, across the Golden Gate Bridge, and then trying to find a way back home again.
But one of these years, I’m going to make the pre-Fair application deadline and get up at the crack of dawn to get my baked treats in. I’m thinking maybe my peppermint surprise cookies or my gluten-free madeleines. This year, however, I am just going to have to settle for spending my 4th of July at the fair and enjoying seeing everyone else’s entries. What are your plans for the 4th?
This Week’s Low FODMAP Recipes
- I love a skillet dinner. And for those of us who don’t have the outside space to BBQ (hello, apartment-living!) this recipe for one skillet BBQ chicken from Kate Scarlata hits the spot.
- The sneaky thing about FODMAPs is they can stack up! This is especially the case with fruit. But this low FODMAP fruit salad from The Fat Foodie has you covered.
- When there’s a food you love but need to limit on the low FODMAP diet, you want it to have a little something extra. This Mexican Street Corn recipe on FODMAP Everyday is the corn recipe you’re looking for.
- These blueberry pancakes from Becky Excel are the perfect breakfast for a low FODMAP long weekend breakfast.
- Sunbutter sauce brings a new twist to this low FODMAP chicken satay recipe from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy.
Shop My Low FODMAP Favorites
Get everything you need to make this week’s low FODMAP recipes or find a new cookbook to inspire your meal plans—in my Erika’s Gluten-free Kitchen Amazon shop.
Leave a Reply