I love learning to make something new. That’s why I signed up for a couple of interesting cooking classes through my local Sur La Table. Unfortunately for me, the macaron class got canceled. But yesterday the tamale class went off without a hitch. Yeah!
I was one of four students who got to learn how to make two delicious savory tamale fillings and then got to practice tamale assembly. I’ve always wanted to make my own tamales but felt like I needed some help to make sure I got the dough right, and to show me the right assembly technique.
After spending part of the day getting some hands-on practice, I can’t wait to add tamales to my repertoire. Stay tuned!
Gluten-free and Low FODMAP Recipes
- I know we’ve just gotten past Valentine’s Day, but my gluten-free and low FODMAP raspberry and white chocolate scones make any day a special one.
- Are you in a lunchtime salad rut? Try this rocket and serrano ham salad to change things up.
- There’s nothing like a hearty soup on a cold Winter’s day. This Shrimp Gumbo Soup is Paleo with a small modification for low FODMAP.
- Curry is my go-to comfort food. This recipe for Chickpea and Chicken Curry introduced me to Case de Sante, a brand of low FODMAP curry sauce I haven’t tried yet.
- Pizza makes a fun+fast weeknight dinner. This low FODMAP Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza is going to be next up on my pizza stone.
- These crispy chickpea wraps would make the perfect lazy weekend lunch.
More Ways to Restock Your Gluten-free Pantry
P.S. I want to mention that I’ve just published my guide for where to buy gluten-free and low FODMAP foods online. I know how challenging it can be to find foods not full of garlic and onion without spending all day on your shopping. I’ve shared links to my favorite online shops, plus a few of my favorite foods from each place. I hope this makes restocking your low FODMAP pantry much easier—and less expensive!