I’m finally back into the everyday groove after spending a week in Southern California.
My sweetie and I met up with some friends for Blizzcon—the annual Blizzard Entertainment video game celebration—and then spent a few days at Disneyland.
That’s why there was no FODMAP Friday last week. I was sequestered inside of the Anaheim Convention Center getting my geek on.
Eating Low-FODMAP at the Anaheim Convention Center
Not surprisingly, the food on offer at the Anaheim Convention Center was not at all gluten-free or low-FODMAP friendly. There was tons of wheat everywhere.
And not even ONE gluten-free beer in the beer garden.
Unfortunately, the convention center doesn’t allow you to bring in your own food.
So the way we solved our low-FODMAP eating dilemma was to head to the hotel dining options adjacent to the convention center.
We had a lunch at the Marriott and were pleased to not only find low-FODMAP options for our meal but to also have a gluten-free pound cake and sorbet dessert option on the menu as well.
Luckily, the event also invited a number of food trucks and we found one gourmet Mexican food truck that had some good options for us. I’ll be sharing my overview of the best gluten-free and low-FODMAP restaurants we ate at soon.
It’s always a good idea to assume you won’t be able to find gluten-free and low-FODMAP food when you attend conferences and events. But it is pretty typical that you can find some good food options at nearby hotel lounges and restaurants. Search Yelp or your favorite search engine
This Week’s Low FODMAP Recipes
After a week of eating out for every meal, I’m excited to get back into the kitchen. Here are some of the low-FODMAP recipes that caught my eye this week:
- The Fat Foodie has a cozy low FODMAP Caribbean pork stew that’s perfect for a Fall lunch or light dinner.
- Bobby Flay inspired this Low FODMAP Moussaka from FODMAP Life.
- Looking for a nut-free gluten-free cake recipe? Try this Passover-friendly Chocolate Quinoa Cake from My Jewish Learning.
- It’s not Thanksgiving without a green bean casserole. Delicious as it Looks has adapted this holiday classic into an easy low FODMAP recipe.
- Spice up your brunch baked eggs with this Low-FODMAP Poached Eggs with Swiss Chard and Chickpeas recipe also from FODMAP Life.
- Are you missing Oreos after going gluten-free? Kate Scarlata to the rescue! Low FODMAP ‘Oreos’.
Do you have a fabulous low FODMAP recipe to share? Let me know!