I used to be the one who always brought the pigs-in-a-blanket as an appetizer for family dinners.
But cutting out gluten meant saying goodbye to both refrigerator crescent roll dough and little smokies.
Aware that there would be a number of glutenous goodies on offer, I needed to make something so delicious that I wouldn’t even moon over the baguette slices.
I decide bite-sized corn dogs would be the way to go.
Unfortunately though, we don’t have enough space for an air fryer (affiliate link) even though I’d love to have one.
But I DID have a mini muffin pan…and thus, our mini corn dog bites were born.
Corn Dog Bites Serving Notes
We have a couple picky eaters in our family, so we left some of the corn dog bites plain. And they ate them that way—or dipped in some catsup.
Personally, I think they’re perfect with a little bit of yellow mustard. Or even some low FODMAP aioli (a.k.a. fauxoli), if that’s the way you roll.
So whether you’ve been craving corn dogs thanks to the fair being in town or just want a fun appetizer for your next get-together, these gluten-free corn dog bites hit the spot.
Gluten Free Corn Dog Bites
- Combine gluten-free corn meal mix plus all liquid ingredients. Mix well to combine, then stir for another 30 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Greeze mini muffin pan.
- Cut hot dogs into 4 even pieces.
- Pour cornbread batter into muffin pan, filling half way.
- Insert a hot dog piece into the middle of each muffin compartment. Do not push all the way to the bottom.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the muffin mixture is starting to brown on top.
- Serve with bowls of mustard and catsup to dip into, or simply drizzle mustard on the top.