This past weekend was my big holiday baking weekend. As planned, I made gluten-free peppermint surprise cookies, gluten-free chocolate shortbread, and gluten-free Merry Christmas cookies. I bagged them all up and got them in the mail. I can’t wait to hear how the friends and clients I sent them to liked them.
Baking holiday cookies has been a holiday tradition of mine since I was a child. By the time I was in high school, my mom had delegated the cookie baking to me. I usually turned the cookie decorating into a bit of a party—inviting a friend or two over to help me frost and decorate a table full of cookies.
Unfortunately, my tiny apartment kitchen doesn’t have much room. As in it’s overcrowded when a cat enters the galley while I’m in there. So that means it’s usually just me up to my elbows in smashed candy canes and sparkly sugars. I hope to again, one day, have enough room to turn my favorite holiday tradition into one again shared with friends beyond the eating of them!
In the meantime, I threw a virtual cookie party. Check out 18 of the Best Gluten-Free and Low FODMAP Holiday Cookies for a fun selection of gluten-free holiday cookies to try!
This Week’s Low-FODMAP Recipes
Now that the holiday baking is underway, I’m seeing more recipes with great low-FODMAP meal ideas, like these:
- Gluten Free Baked French Toast w/ Gingerbread Cream Cheese Frosting featuring Canyon Bakehouse bread via E.A. Stewart
- If you’re looking for a healthy comfort food dinner you can make in your Instantpot, try this Slow Cooker African Peanut Stew from IBS Free
- Sometimes you’re in a festive mood but aren’t in the market for booze. This Simple Low FODMAP Holiday Mocktail from Lauren Renlund MPH RD fits the bill
- If it’s getting late, and you want a delicious dinner that involves minimal cleanup, try this One-Skillet Honey Dijon Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans from Averie Cooks
- Although you can’t eat leek bulbs on the low-FODMAP diet, you can use their green leaves. The leaves are put to good use in this Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts by The Fat Foodie
- Get all the taste of classic fried chicken without the FODMAPS with Gluten Free Southern Fried Chicken Goujons Recipe from Gluten Free Cuppa Tea