All of a sudden, Thanksgiving has snuck up on me.
I’m not sure how it happened.
In September, I’d bought an appetizer idea book to inspire me to play around with some Thanksgiving starter ideas.
But somehow, the time got away from me.
That means I’ll be doing some test run appetizers this weekend. Wish me luck!
At least I have my pumpkin pie sorted. I really love the Glutino pie crust mix, and my own filling recipe. I’ll have to get it up on the blog for next year!
And of course I’ll be bringing a double batch of my gluten-free cheddar cheese scones.
Low FODMAP Thanksgiving Recipes
This will be my second low FODMAP Thanksgiving, so although I have a few standards I’ll make again, I am still on the hunt for more low FODMAP Thanksgiving dinner recipes. That’s why this week’s FODMAP Friday is all sorts of easy and delicious ideas for a low FODMAP Thanksgiving dinner:
- I always bake a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. This year I think I’ll try out Becky Excell’s low FODMAP, gluten-free and dairy-free pumpkin pie recipe.
- Squash is always a good choice for a low FODMAP Thanksgiving dinner. I suggest you skip the mini marshmallows that accompany it as the traditional dessert and instead dish up this Whipped Gingerbread Spice Butternut Squash from Beyond Celiac as a side.
- If you love cornbread stuffing like I do, you’ll want try this low FODMAP Cornbread Stuffing recipe from Calm Belly Kitchen which includes a solid gluten-free cornbread scratch recipe.
- Although these low FODMAP Enchiladas with Pumpkin and Spinach from Treble in the Kitchen call for shredded chicken breasts, I bet they’d be FANTASTIC with your leftover low FODMAP Thanksgiving turkey.
- I’m not in charge of the turkey, but if I were I’d be trying out this Paleo Low FODMAP Turkey recipe from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy.